Welcome to the First-Year Writing Program at the University of Connecticut. Our program consists of seminars in academic writing that are designed to emphasize interdisciplinary writing, critical thinking, and critical literacies. Our courses are not meant to communicate a particular set of facts to students, but instead help students learn to practice and engage in academic discourse.
- Our Tenth Annual Conference on the Teaching of Writing, "Writing as Translation, is coming up on Friday, March 27th, 2015. Find full conference program and registration information here. Continued »
- Welcome back to a new year! The office (AUST 162) will be open for the spring semester for the following hours:
- Monday: 9:00am - 12:00noon (Emily)
- Tuesday: 1:00pm - 5:00pm (Sarah)
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm (Emily &... Continued »