Welcome to the First-Year Writing Program at the University of Connecticut. Our program consists of seminars in academic writing that are designed to emphasize interdisciplinary writing, critical thinking, and critical literacies. Our courses are not meant to communicate a particular set of facts to students, but instead help students learn to practice and engage in academic discourse.
- Please note that during exam week, the First-Year Writing Office will have limited hours. It will last be open 9-12 on Thursday, December 11. It will reopen on Friday, January 16th. Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns... Continued »
- Welcome back to a new school year! The office (AUST 162) will be open for the semester for the following hours:
- Monday: 9:00am-3:00pm (Emily & Sarah)
- Tuesday: 9:00am-12:00pm (Sarah)
- Wednesday: 12:00noon-3:00pm (Sarah)
- Thursday:... Continued »