Welcome to the First-Year Writing Program at the University of Connecticut. Our program consists of seminars in academic writing that are designed to emphasize interdisciplinary writing, critical thinking, and critical literacies. Our courses are not meant to communicate a particular set of facts to students, but instead help students learn to practice and engage in academic discourse.
- Our Tenth Annual Conference on the Teaching of Writing is coming up on Friday, March 27th, 2015. Click here for more information. Submissions of abstracts and proposals for the conference, which is focused on the theme "Writing as Translation," are... Continued »
- Welcome back to a new year! The office (AUST 162) will be open for the spring semester for the following hours:
- Monday: 9:00am - 12:00noon (Emily)
- Tuesday: 1:00pm - 5:00pm (Sarah)
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm (Emily &... Continued »